In 2012, Oxford adopted one of the UK’s first institutional research data management policies (Policy on the Management of Research Data and Records).
In 2017-18, IT Services and the Libraries worked closely with Research Services to update the policy. The new policy was approved in December 2018: Policy on the Management of Data Supporting Research Outputs
So what has changed?
- Principal Investigators are now given an explicit role in ensuring that researchers whom they manage comply with the policy;
- The definition of data covered by the policy has been expanded to include data necessary for legal/regulatory compliance;
- The role of researchers in helping ensure good IP management and personal data management has been emphasised;
- ORA-Data is now specifically mentioned as a suitable repository for Oxford data and metadata;
- The name of the policy has been changed to clarify that researchers’ responsibilities relate primarily to research data used to support publications and other public outputs
- The University has accepted an additional ‘catch-all’ responsibility to help researchers with policy compliance where its standard training, support and infrastructure do not answer a researcher’s specific data management needs;
- General redrafting to improve clarity by, for example, incorporating footnotes into the main text and making nested responsibilities into separate points;
Lien vers la source : http://bit.ly/2HTTGJt